The “Best of Hokkaido” site was created to introduce to the world the great, sometimes
unique, features of Hokkaido island: wild nature, activities in all seasons, Japanese &
regional food, etc. Here, experts from diverse countries who travelled in Japan provide
facts, tell their stories, share their high-quality photos, and recommend what they liked best.
We hope you will enjoy this content, and we look forward to welcoming you in Hokkaido
The “Best of Hokkaido” website is the property of Hokkaido Tourism Organization, and was
launched in 2018.
Hokkaido Tourism Organization
1. Regarding the Copyright
The rights to the text, images, and other files as well as contents found on this website, “Best of Hokkaido” (below, “this site”), belong to Hokkaido Tourism Organization. In addition, part of the copyright of the images belong to their original creators.
Use or reproduction of this site’s text or images without notification is prohibited.
2. About the Link
- The link to the home page of this site is by general rule free. If you paste this link somewhere, please send the following to Hokkaido Tourism Organization by email:
- The URL to the site with the link
- The contents of the planned link setting
- The name of the group, as well as the name of the representative
- The e-mail address of the person in charge
- When setting up the link, please make it clear that it is a link to this site. In addition, please do not set the link to show this website inside of a frame. (The screen must either change completely to this site, or the link must open a new browser window leading to this site.)
- Furthermore, if it does not meet the purpose of this site, or if it might damage the reputation of Hokkaido Tourism Organization or members of the organization, or if it is offensive to public order and morals, or if it interferes with the running of this site, the use of the link can be refused.
- If the link is used, please use the banner below.
- Hokkaido Tourism Organization takes precautions regarding the various kinds of information that it posts on this website, but it cannot completely assure the completeness, accuracy, updating, usefulness, safety or quality of the content. In addition, Hokkaido Tourism Organization does not take responsibility for any incident resulting from the behavior taken by the user of this information.
- All of the information posted to this site is in the end information about the time it was posted, and there might be times when names and contents of that information are changed without previous notification, or when the information becomes outdated.
- The address of this site, including that of the top site, can be changed without previous notification. Please know beforehand that Hokkaido Tourism Organization does not take responsibility for inoperative links or inaccurate screen presentation due to an address change by this site.
4. Other Websites
In order to provide a safer and more comfortable experience on this site, the following browsers or plug-ins are necessary. Please check your software compatibility and download the software.
Recommended browsers for computers & tablets:
- Chrome (latest version)
- Firefox (latest version)
- Microsoft Edge (latest version)
- Internet Explorer 11
- Safari (latest version)
Recommended browsers for smart phones:
- Chrome for Android (latest version)
- iOS Safari (latest version)
(Revised on February 01, 2018)